Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Facebook


OK, after a very long thought process that lasted for far longer then 24 hours, I have taken the plunge and joined Facebook (cue duh-duh-Duh music). Now I would like to relate a terrifying experience that occur ed last night while walking home from Uni.


It was a dark (around 6pm) and stormy (lightning, no rain) night as I left to go home and forage for food (I made a stir fry). As I walked lightning started to get seriously crazy and would actually light up the entire street that I was walking in. It was freaking scary. I started to remember all those stories about people that have been struck by lightning, and of course started to freak myself out. I even got so nervous that I was tempted to knock on someone's door so that I could wait out the storm (I know sad). But I persevered and kept walking but I was thinking maybe I should take my bra off as it has an underwire and could attract lighting. And then a bolt hit directly next to me in a park and the rain started to come down, my response was to kick the thongs off and gallop along home. Made it safely, although I may have hurt my foot on a bindi, and only looked like a drowned rat upon my entering of the door.


Moral of story - Don't make fun of our ancestors who were afraid of storms, they really are quite scary when your all alone in the dark.


Katina Note.

3 comments:

Josie said...

wow..that storm does sound scary..on this date i was getting ready to go to perth...sounds like your heart was pumping very fast...any skid marks on your pants?

Josie said...

i'm still trying to work out how this works..do i click email follow-up comments or not? i'll tick it to see what happens

Katina said...

Hey there,

Not sure, I too am new to the blogging world, so not entirely positive. And for the record the only thing that got wet was me (not my pants, thank you very much) I looked like a drowned rat when I got home and I was in a white T-shirt see you can imagine what that was like.