Thursday, July 3, 2008

Dying


I've been thinking about death. In a good way, not a morbid way. I've just started to be more aware of my own mortality and the time that is left. And also just how much money one needs to live.

Like if I were to have kids, and be a single parent there is no way I could afford it. And if they were to need schooling, that's whole lot more money needed. But even then I've been thinking about homeschooling, which is another post within itself. Back to death though, I've been looking at LifeGems.

After you are cremated the carbon from the ashes is converted to graphite under extreme heat, then placed in a diamond press where a rough crystal is formed. The diamond is then cut and polished. You can then have them set into rings, earrings, necklaces or even a bellyband. I thought it sounded cool, and you can also have it done in different colours too. The pictures here are examples, I don't really know what colour I would want to be, though I really do like the blue. And I don't mind the idea of always being around, but it would kinda suck if your family decided to pawn you or something, instead of treating you like the heirloom you would be.

1 comment:

kym said...

hmmm... I like where you were going with the beginning - but I'm unsure about the whole staying around as a piece of bling and the thought of being pawned off would peeve me big time - rather off topic from where I thought you were going ... haha.