Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Cars

On the weekend I was accused of being the ultimate consumer. I found this to be quite offensive, to me an ultimate consumer is one who is a slave to advertising and must have the newest thing immediately. That is not me. I would prefer to think of myself as a discerning customer, who researches, shops around, appreciates advertising and doesn't usually buy full price. Although even when something is on sale, I tend to ask myself would I pay full price for this if it weren't on sale, if I think yes, that's when I'll buy.

So this has gotten me thinking about cars. Although I'm not looking at buying one right at this moment, I thought that I would educate myself on what car I would actually want, so that I can decide and budget for it.

Below is the Mazda 2, which I think is beautiful, here's a review of it - Mazda 2 review



The next on my list is the Toyota Yaris, another small car (like all the rest of them on the list) - Toyota Yaris details.


Next up is the Honda Jazz, I got a lift in one of the older models and I liked what I saw. There was plenty of room, lots of configurations in the back if you want to have more space in the boot, and the drive was real smooth; Honda Jazz Detail

So that's the three that I would consider getting, although the dream would be a Prius which is a hybrid, so that would keep fuel costs low but any of the above cars are pretty fuel efficient. Just for the hell of it, here's a pic of the Prius and a review; but at that price it is definitely a dream


So what do you think of my choices?

No comments: