Friday, November 23, 2007

The Killers


Hello Readers,


November 9th was a Friday night, and on that Friday night, I took a train from the Gold Coast and then went all the way to Boondall, a station that I'd never been to before. I got off and then with a crowd of people in tow, made my way to the Entertainment Centre for a an experience of a lifetime. Once there I waited in line and security would not let me through as apparently my bag was too big (which was bullshit btw as I had used that same bag when I went to Snow Patrol a month ago) so I then had to check it which sucked because I had to leave the line I was already in, go to another line for the coatroom, fill in a form and then line back up to get inside. Yay.


But then the experience happened, the stadium started filling and a cloth went in front of the stage. Then a projection began which was black and white and all so cool, once the cloth had dropped the lights started and the sparkles fell in waves of colour blue and gold predominantly. It was a special moment. Then he sang. My God I now understand the groupie mentality. And when he spoke he had this lovely Southern accent, and the boys were in suits throughout the concert. And I could not say a word, unlike the rest of the crowd and I cannot sing along, I cannot jump up and down, I do not participate in the Mexican wave. Instead I sit very quietly and let it all wash over me, and then during encore I cry silently because such magic must end and I do not want it to.


Thank you Killers, you were indeed amazing.


Katina Note.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

never heard of this band until..i'll have to get a cd and listen to them..jodi and stacey luv going to see bands...it must be a terrific atmosphere...go and see some more..luv aunty jo

Katina said...

I guess you'd call them a rock alternative band, akthough I'm not sure that you'd like them.