Friday, November 23, 2007

Byron Bay


Some of you may know that I went to Byron Bay at the beginning of this week. While there I ate the most amazing food, bought some really cool things, and went diving. I stayed at Planula B&B (http://www.planula.com.au/) and I'd recommend it to anyone (it's the above picture). Breakfast was provided and it was so COOL, especially the muffins. I stayed with 2 friends from Uni, Kym & Emma, it was kinda nice how we all got along and there was no real pressure to do EVERYTHING together that you get in some really clingy friendships that just make you uncomfortable.

And yes, I really did go Scuba Diving 12m undersea and everything. And I gotta tell you that at first I panicked, it was just s cold and dark at first that I couldn't imagine going all the way down. But I pulled it together and dived and it was pretty cool. It was just so weird. There were fish, starfish, a shark (the picture is the shark we saw, it was sleeping at the time), jellyfish, coral, stingrays and much more it was intense. I quickly found that I liked to move around a lot I think it kept my mind off the fact that my mask was a little filled up with water and also the cold. But when a 6ft long stingray glides in front of you, you do kinda have to go Whoa! Hold Up. I was so glad I did it, I have never felt like such an alien before, it's not that your unwelcome, it's just that you are so out of place and the fish are just sought of indifferent to you, that you just know that you're not in your environment even though you're still on the same planet. Everyone should go diving if only to understand the perspective of where we are in relation to the environment.

That's all for now, when I get some pictures I promise to put them up.


Katina Note.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well you beat me babe...i haven't scuba dived yet.. i may visit this place maybe grab mum to come along with me...luv aunty jo

Katina said...

Well, I haven't been to Perth and you have, si I guess we'll call it even. Also there are alot of spa's in the area there.